Bringing Laudato Si’ to life at Saint Dennis
“Living our vocation to be protectors of God’s handiwork is essential to a life of virtue; it is not an optional or a secondary aspect of our Christian experience.”
“There is an urgent need to develop policies so that, in the next few years, the emission of carbon dioxide and other highly polluting gases can be drastically reduced, for example, substituting for fossil fuels and developing sources of renewable energy.” 
Encourage greater personal and shared commitment by the Saint Dennis community to Care for Creation, beginning with steps to reduce the causes of global climate change and promote conservation and protection of natural resources.
- Pray: The first step is to open ourselves to the loving presence of God. Come, Holy Spirit, Come.
- Educate ourselves and others about Global Warming and the Catholic Social teaching.
- Advocate: Learn to talk about global warming. Write and/or call your members of Congress. (Tell our politicians that inaction is no longer acceptable). Form a Letter Writing Brigade
- Support one another in our individual and common witness on behalf of God’s Creation.
- Commit to personal action such as personal changes to reduce Fossil fuel use.
- Help the Parish make changes to reduce Fossil Fuel use and promote conservation and protection of natural resources.
As we work as a team we can find strength and encouragement from each other. We can contribute in areas that interest us and benefit from the interests of others. We can have fun together as we help find solutions to this important dilemma.